Thank you for your interest in adoption!
Before you begin, Please note:
- We only adopt goats in pairs unless you already have other goats at home. We do occasionally adopt certain adult goats to homes as a horse companion. See more on companionship.
- We only adopt goats as pets, we do not adopt goats for milking or breeding
- Pastures must be fully fenced on all four sides with good quality fencing. (No portable fencing.) See more on fencing.
- Pastures must be minimum 1/4 acre for 2-4 goats (100 ft each side), although some exceptions will be made for certain breeds that will do well in smaller spaces down to 1/8th acre (75 ft each side). See more on space requirements.
- Goats must NEVER be staked out.
- Adoption fees apply
To begin the evaluation process, fill out our adoption inquiry application. After completing this application, please email photos of both your fencing and shelter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your application and photos are reviewed, which can take up to a few days, we will contact you to discuss further. If your home looks like it will be a good fit, a time will be scheduled for a PSGR representative to visit your home. Once a home is approved for adoption, a time will be arranged for you to meet our adoptable goats. Note that the completion of this application does not guarantee the adoption of a PSGR rescued animal.